CLAPA is a small charity working hard to support the cleft community in ever-changing and very tough circumstances. We are fighting to keep our doors open for you and your family today as well as for all those families who will receive a life-changing diagnosis in the future.
CLAPA was founded by people who believed if we only worked together, a brighter future was possible for babies born with a cleft. Right now, this future is in your hands. Can you help us be there for every child, adult and family in need?
Note: If you’d like a letter of acknowledgement or a certificate for your donation, please get in touch with our friendly fundraising team at [email protected]
Last Updated: 3rd August
How Does Your Support Help?
Aside from the day-to-day costs of keeping a charity like CLAPA online and active during lockdown, your support has given our even-smaller-than-usual team the breathing space to focus on what matters the most – supporting you!
This July, we…
- Sent out 1,017 items of specialist feeding equipment to families and hospitals around the UK.
- Answered 34 queries as part of our information service, with topics ranging from dental care to genetic testing. We also had over 23,000 people visit our online information pages.
- Matched up 11 people with a trained CLAPA volunteer as part of our confidential Support Service
- Ran 4 online events with 101 attendees.
- Collected 268 responses to our Summer Survey which will help us design better services and work with the NHS to support our community.
…and much more!
“If CLAPA didn’t exist I really don’t know how I would have managed from diagnosis 6 years ago till now. It has the most important role for a family expecting a cleft baby. The support is amazing.”
Parent of a child with a cleft
From mufti days to marathons, our friendly fundraising team are on hand to help you support CLAPA however you can.
How to donate to CLAPA or pay in fundraising money by cheque or bank transfer.
Whether you're shopping online or having a clear-out, there are many different ways to support CLAPA every day!
As a small charity, partnering up with companies can make a huge difference to what we can achieve each year. Find out more about what you can do to help.