Cleft Lip & Palate Association (CLAPA) are looking for a Legal Trustee to join our board.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, developing the CLAPA’s aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines.
CLAPA is the only national charity supporting people and families affected by cleft lip and/or palate in the UK. Our vision is a world where having a cleft is not barrier to achieving your desires and ambitions.
This post will work to ensure that CLAPA complies with its constitution/memorandum and articles of association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations, as well as contributing actively to the board in giving firm strategic direction to CLAPA, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance.
The successful applicant will be a qualified Barrister or Solicitor able to offer legal advice to CLAPA and the Trustee Board.
- Qualified Barrister or Solicitor
- Strong communication skills and excellent leadership skills along with a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Ensure that CLAPA complies with its constitution/memorandum and articles of association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure that CLAPA pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Ensure CLAPA applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects, i.e. it must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those may be
- Contribute actively to the board in giving firm strategic direction to CLAPA, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Safeguard the good name and values of CLAPA
Please see the pack below for a full role description:
To apply for this role, please read the recruitment pack above in full and apply using the following application form:
Please Note: The Application Form is a Word Document and may not work on some mobile devices. Please email [email protected] if you would like an application form in a different format.
Contact CLAPA CEO Claire Cunniffe at [email protected] , Chair of Trustees, Rona Slator at [email protected] , or call the CLAPA office on 020 7833 4883 if you have any questions about the role or the application process.