VACANCY: Finance Officer
PLEASE NOTE: CLAPA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and will assess all prospective employees in line with this commitment. See the recruitment pack below for more details.
The Cleft Lip and Palate Association (CLAPA) is the national charity for people affected by cleft lip and palate in the United Kingdom.
CLAPA supports people affected by cleft to take control of their journey, connect with others, and use their voices to impact the future of care. Our vision is that no one affected by cleft lip and palate in the United Kingdom will go through their journey alone. Find out more.
- £27,000-£28,500 depending on skills and experience (per annum, pro-rata)
- Part-Time (21 hours per week)
- Permanent contract
- Reporting to Finance and Operations Manager
- Based at the CLAPA Office in London (E2 9DA) or at home within the United Kingdom (few days per annum at CLAPA Office required for all-staff meetings and stock checks, travel expenses paid)
- 25 days paid annual leave (pro-rata)
- Bank holidays (pro rata) and closure over Christmas from 24th December to 1st January inclusive
- Extra day off during birthday month
- Flexible working hours as agreed by manager, access to unpaid leave and ‘Time off in Lieu’ policy
- Access to ‘Health Assured’ Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Working as part of a small team with the opportunity to learn and develop skills
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a small friendly charity to manage the organisation’s day-to-day finances. This will include keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all financial activities (income, expenditure, salaries and pension contributions), overseeing stock control and stock management and assisting with the annual audit preparations. The right candidate will also have the opportunity to expand and grow into assisting with the production of management accounts with support from the Finance and Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will be qualified, competent, flexible and able to work to deadlines whilst juggling multiple priorities. They will report to the Finance & Operations Manager, but will also be a key part of the wider CLAPA staff team and will work with other teams as required within the role.
How to Apply
Please complete the Application Form linked in the Recruitment Pack below. For safeguarding reasons, we are not able to accept CVs.
Applications Close: 31st July 2023
Interviews: Week commencing 14th August 2023 (via Zoom)
Start Date: ASAP
Finance Officer (PDF)
Get in touch using the below details if you have any issues completing the application form or would like to receive it in a different format.
Contact Finance and Operations Manager Shanta Assani at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or the application process.
We request that no recruitment agencies contact us regarding this listing.