PLEASE NOTE: CLAPA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and will assess all prospective employees in line with this commitment. See the recruitment pack below for more details.
The Cleft Lip and Palate Association (CLAPA) is the national charity for people affected by cleft lip and palate in the United Kingdom.
CLAPA supports people affected by cleft to take control of their journey, connect with others, and use their voices to impact the future of care. Our vision is that no one affected by cleft lip and palate in the United Kingdom will go through their journey alone. Find out more.
Head of Service Delivery
- £40,000 – £45,000 (per annum, pro-rata)
- Part-Time (28 hours per week)
- Permanent contract
- Reporting to Chief Executive
- Based at home within the United Kingdom (a few days per annum at the CLAPA Office (E2 9DA) are required for all-staff meetings; travel expenses paid)
- 25 days paid annual leave (pro-rata)
- Bank holidays (pro rata) and closure over Christmas from 24th December to 1st January inclusive
- Extra day off during birthday month
- Flexible working hours as agreed by manager, access to unpaid leave and ‘Time off in Lieu’ policy
- Access to ‘Health Assured’ Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% non-contributory pension
- Working as part of a small team with the opportunity to learn and develop skills
The Head of Service Delivery is a strategically important post in the organisation with lead responsibility for overseeing service delivery for the UK’s only national cleft lip and palate support charity. The role reports directly to the Chief Executive, is a member of the Senior Management Team and works closely with the CLAPA Board of Trustees to ensure that our service delivery is of the highest standard and that the patient voice is always a high priority.
The post holder also has responsibility for the direct line management of the Engagement and Services team, a team of five who deliver services for parents, families, young people and adults and a range of engagement and advocacy programs.
- Lead on the development and delivery of an Engagement and Services Strategy, and work with colleagues on the development and delivery of the organisational strategy and operational plan
- Embed a positive culture of co-production across the organisation
- Play an active role in the Senior Management Team, ensuring good governance and providing support with developing and managing the organisational budget
- Lead on Project Management across the organisation
- Lead the Engagement and Services team, ensuring that staff are supported to achieve individual and organisational KPIs and that quality monitoring and evaluation data is collected
- Maintain excellent relations with the NHS Multidisciplinary Cleft Teams
- Lead on Information provision across the organisation
- Be an active member of CLAPA’s Safeguarding team
For full details, please see the Recruitment Pack linked below.
How to Apply
Please complete the Application Form linked in the Recruitment Pack below. For safeguarding reasons, we are not able to accept CVs.
Applications Close: Thursday 7th December at 5pm
First Stage Interviews: Friday 15th December
Second Stage Interviews: Tuesday 19th December
Start Date: ASAP
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early if we receive a high volume of quality applications.
Get in touch using the below details if you have any issues completing the application form or would like to receive it in a different format.
Contact Chief Executive Claire Cunniffe at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or the application process.
We request that no recruitment agencies contact us regarding this listing.