About this Survey
Everything we do at CLAPA starts with the UK cleft community. This annual survey is designed to give us a ‘snapshot’ of your needs, priorities and concerns. As a small charity, we have to plan carefully to focus our limited resources where they’ll make the biggest difference. By completing this survey, you’re helping us make sure our plans include you!
Just like with the survey we ran last summer, we’ll make sure to tell you all about what we find and what we’re planning on doing about it.
It should take around 15 minutes to complete, depending on your answers. Most questions are optional, but the more you answer and the more detail you can give us, the more we’ll be able to do. Find out more about why we’re asking these particular questions.
Who can take part
- Adults (18+) born with a cleft
- Parents and carers of children of any age born with a cleft
- Expectant parents (including adoptive)
- Relatives (e.g. grandparents) of children of any age born with a cleft who are directly involved in that child’s cleft care
- Partners of people born with a cleft
You should not complete this survey if you are:
- A child or young person (under 18) born with a cleft. Please complete this survey instead.
- A cleft health professional or researcher without a personal link to cleft
- A friend or family member who is not directly involved in someone’s cleft care
Please do not complete this survey if you are outside of the United Kingdom unless you usually live and/or access cleft care in the UK.
What to Expect
This survey will take 15 minutes to complete, depending on your answers. The more detail you can give us, the better!
Your answers will remain 100% anonymous. To help us with this, please don’t include any identifying information like names or contact details in your answers.
There are 5 short sections:
1. About You: 9-11 basic questions about you and your connection to cleft lip and palate. These will help us better understand your answers to the rest of the survey.
2. You and CLAPA: 3 short questions and a comment box about how you feel about CLAPA in general, and a longer question where you can rank how important different aspects of our work are to you personally.
3. CLAPA’s Services: 2-4 longer questions about which of our services you’ve used, what you thought of them, and what issues you might have had when trying to access them.
4. CLAPA Events: 2 short and 2 longer questions about what is most important to you about our events.
5. NHS Care: 1 longer question and 1 comment box about if you’ve had any issues accessing cleft care in the past 12 months.
Want to know more about why we’re asking certain questions? Find out here!