Cleft Lip & Palate Association (CLAPA) is looking for a new Trustee to join its Board and help CLAPA through this exciting period as we expand our regional projects.
CLAPA is the only national charity supporting people and families affected by cleft lip and/or palate in the UK. Our vision is a world where having a cleft is not barrier to achieving your desires and ambitions.
Meetings are four times a year and travel expenses will be paid.
We are particularly looking for Trustees with experience in one or more of the following:
- knowledge and experience of charity fundraising
- knowledge and/or experience working within the voluntary sector
- someone living in Scotland, Wales, or Northern Ireland
- someone with a cleft or with a child with a cleft
- specialist cleft health professional or other health professional with a connection to cleft
- experience in volunteer recruitment and management
Please see below for information on how to apply, as well as an application pack containing the person specification.
The duties of a Trustee are to:
- Ensure that CLAPA complies with its constitution/memorandum and articles of association, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensure that CLAPA pursues its objects as defined in its governing document
- Ensure CLAPA applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects, i.e. it must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those organisations are
- Contribute actively to the board in giving firm strategic direction to CLAPA, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
- Safeguard the good name and values of CLAPA
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of CLAPA
- Ensure the financial stability of CLAPA
- Protect and manage the property of CLAPA and ensure the proper investment of CLAPA’s funds
- Appoint the Chief Executive and monitor his or her performance
- In addition to the above statutory duties of all Trustees, each Trustee should use any specific knowledge or experience they have to help the Board reach sound decisions. This will involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, and providing advice and guidance requested by the Board on new initiatives, or other issues relevant to the area of the charity’s work in which the member has special expertise.
Closing date: 28th August
To apply please fill out the Application Form, found below
For a chat about this opportunity or to apply please contact:
Claire Cunniffe Or Dr. David Stokes
Deputy Chief Executive Chief Executive
Phone: 07854 298304 Phone: 020 7833 4883
Mail (stamp not required, but it will save us money):FREEPOST RTJZ-SCGT-CRTG, Cleft Lip and Palate Association Green Man Tower 332B Goswell Road LONDON EC1V 7LQ United Kingdom