We are looking for a part time Finance Manager to run our small but busy finance department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is proactive and analytical and who is keen to help lead and shape the finances at the charity.
The appointee will be an important member of our Senior Management Team, and will report to both the CEO and to the CLAPA Treasurer who sits on the Trustee Board. The role will also line manage a part-time Finance Officer.
- ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualified
- Experience of working for a charity and project level recording
- At least three (ideally five) years’ experience in book keeping, particularly management of SAGE 50 accounts or any suitable SAGE product, producing annual accounts and SORP requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience of working on your own initiative, under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to get involved with all aspects of the charity
- Working with a senior management team and board of trustees
- Experience of running a set of accounts
- Control of the General/Purchase/Sales ledgers, Debtor management, VAT Returns, Bank Reconciliations, Credit Control, Credit card management
- Payroll management and project level allocations, Pensions management, and any leave (sick, maternity, annual, etc.)
- Quarterly Stock counts/valuation, oversight of Feeding and Retail service in collaboration with the Information and Communications Manager
- Monthly Project level reporting, Management Accounts, Budgets, Cash flow Management with reporting to a wide variety of audiences, such as CLAPA staff, and the Board.
- Years End incl. Prepayments/Accruals, Annual Returns – SORP requirements, HMRC Returns
- Management of the Fixed Asset register and yearly depreciation
- Management of Trial Balance, Balance Sheet, P&L, and Cashflow
- Implementation and monitoring of financial controls and the development of financial policies and procedures as required
- Management of 1 member of the Finance team
- Working with the Board, Chief Executive and other managers to ensure the efficient and effective running of the organisation
Please see the pack below for a full role description:
Please complete the Application Form supplied alongside the Recruitment Pack. You may request an application form in another format by emailing [email protected] with ‘Finance Manager Recruitment Pack Request’ in the subject. Please save your completed application form with your name in the filename so we can easily track your application.
If you’re shortlisted, we will contact you and invite you to attend an interview at our office where we will be happy to discuss the role in more detail and answer any questions you may have. There will be a few small tasks you will be asked to complete after the interview which reflect some of the day-to-day responsibilities of the role.
Return your completed application form with your name in the filename to [email protected] with ‘Finance Manager Application’ in the subject line.
All applications are subject to our shortlisting process; so if you’re shortlisted we will contact you and invite you to attend a remote interview taking place over Zoom. We’ll also tell you if there will be any skills tasks to complete as part of the recruitment process.
If you have not heard from us by 20th May, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
Applications close: 12pm, 18th May 2020
Interviews: 21st May (TBC)
Start date: ASAP
Contact [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or the application process.