NOTE: CLAPA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and will assess all prospective employees in line with this commitment.
The Cleft Lip and Palate Association (CLAPA) is the only national charity supporting people and families affected by cleft lip and/or palate in the UK. Our vision is of a society where everyone affected by cleft feels informed, connected, reassured and empowered.
We’re a small charity with a big impact, and right now we’re looking for an innovative, collaborative online event organiser who will work with volunteers to give the UK cleft community opportunities to connect with each other.
The Community Engagement Coordinator
Part Time (21 hours per week)
Home-based, with an option to work in the CLAPA office (London E2 9DA) 1-2 days per week if desired
This new role will build on the range of online events and activities CLAPA started delivering in 2020, and will work to create a programme of regular online events to meet the existing and emerging needs of the cleft community.
This role will also be responsible for developing organisational policy and best practice around these online events and activities, and will work closely with the rest of the staff team to ensure these are delivered to a high standard and in line with CLAPA’s priorities.
- Understand the importance of safeguarding and share our commitment to ensuring the safety of everyone who uses our services
- Love delivering services which have a lasting positive impact on people in need
- Have a good understanding of organising, running and developing online events
- Value opportunities to learn from feedback and to adapt services to make them more impactful, accessible and inclusive
- Appreciate the contributions of volunteers and are passionate about supporting them to contribute meaningfully in a charity’s work
- Enjoy collaborative, cross-team working where all ideas are valued and innovation is encouraged
- Like working flexibly, and are prepared to work outside of office hours and occasional weekends as necessary to deliver events
…we would love to hear from you!
To apply for this role, please read the recruitment pack above in full and apply using the following application form. Please also complete and return the separate declaration form below.
Please Note: The Application Form is a Word Document and may not work on some mobile devices. Please email [email protected] if you would like an application form in a different format.
Contact Cherry LeRoy at [email protected] if you have any questions about the role or the application process.