Research Opportunity: Disclosing Facial Differences
The Centre for Appearance Research (CAR) is looking for adults to complete an online survey on the topic ‘disclosing facial differences.’
What is the study?
Principal Investigator Kathleen Bogart, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Oregon State University where she studies stigma in facial differences and disabilities.
Kathleen is an advocate and has a facial difference herself. From this study, they would like to learn more about the experiences of people with facial differences in deciding whether or not to inform other people about their difference and what kind of outcomes this leads to. The long-term goal of this project is to develop recommendations for people with facial differences and their families about discussing facial differences with others.
Who is eligible to participate?
• Have any kind of facial difference (that can be covered up or not)
• You are aged 18 years or over
• You are able to communicate in English
• You will be asked to complete a 20-minute online survey
• You can enter a prize draw to win one of ten £10 Amazon gift cards
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity and take part in the study, please
contact Principal Investigator Kathleen Bogart, Ph.D. at [email protected]