Beard Shave Total Tops £500!
[22 May 2012]
Martin Scoynes and a friend decided at Christmas to start growing beards to see who could grow the longest. As time went by they decided to try to raise money for charity with their exploits, and as Martin’s daughter Dotty was born last year with a cleft lip, they decided that CLAPA was the perfect choice.
The beard shave went ahead at the Torrington Arms pub in Torrington on 6th May. Martin’s partner Natasha Stapleton said that it was a fantastic day and that they had many people come to support them.
The team are still collecting money together, but the grand total now stands at over £500!
Martin and his friend before and after the beard shave:
- Volunteer Awards 2015: The Winners!
- CLAPA Conference 2015 LIVE
- VACANCIES: Fundraising Department
- UPDATE: Changes to Cleft Surgical Services in Scotland
- Join the Debate
- Just One Week Left
- Brave Lennon, age 8, takes on Man Size Challenge!
- A message from CLAPA’s CEO, Rosanna Preston
- Claire and Gary’s Mammoth Cycle for CLAPA!
- STUDY: Experiences of Being at School