Beard Shave Total Tops £500!
[22 May 2012]
Martin Scoynes and a friend decided at Christmas to start growing beards to see who could grow the longest. As time went by they decided to try to raise money for charity with their exploits, and as Martin’s daughter Dotty was born last year with a cleft lip, they decided that CLAPA was the perfect choice.
The beard shave went ahead at the Torrington Arms pub in Torrington on 6th May. Martin’s partner Natasha Stapleton said that it was a fantastic day and that they had many people come to support them.
The team are still collecting money together, but the grand total now stands at over £500!
Martin and his friend before and after the beard shave:
- Branch Christmas Parties
- Pierre Robin Sequence Study
- Recruiting: Parents of 5-7 Yr Olds with Cleft Palate
- New guidance launched to reduce ‘unacceptable’ cleft palate detection rate
- Conference Live Stream
- Chris Completes the Thames Path Challenge!
- Great Ormond Street CLAPA Branch introduces new Parent/Professional Forum
- South Thames Cleft Service Benefits from Regional Fund
- Fun on the Farm with South London and Surrey
- Norfolk & Suffolk Happy Faces Meet Up!