Recruitment Starts for TOPS Trial
[03 Apr 2012]
The TOPS trial (Timing of Primary Surgery for Cleft Palate)
is a randomised control trial that aims to compare the results of cleft palate
surgery carried out at age 6 months or at age 12 months in respect of speech
and language development at age 5. Participants are followed up at age 12
months, 3 years and 5 years for assessments of speech, and also hearing and
TOPS is an international collaboration coordinated by the UK and is being undertaken in 22 centres across the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Brazil. Currently 19 centres are open for recruitment and 92 participants have been recruited to the trial. The overall recruitment target is 650 participants. The study is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
All centres are working hard to recruit and follow up participants to the trial. If you would like more information about TOPS please visit the website or contact Professer Bill Shaw .
- SLUMBRS Study
- Awareness-Raising Presentation at Birmingham Dental Hospital
- Scotland Engagement Officer - Now Recruiting!
- CLAPA Benefits from Dulwich Quilters Raffle
- Joanne Prepares to Meet Her Baby
- Rugby Players Pitch in for Esmae’s Fundraiser!
- Information on Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Shahir & Aadel Run a Mile for CLAPA!
- Chris Tackles the Thames Path Challenge
- My Cleft Palate and Speech