Recruitment Starts for TOPS Trial
[03 Apr 2012]
The TOPS trial (Timing of Primary Surgery for Cleft Palate)
is a randomised control trial that aims to compare the results of cleft palate
surgery carried out at age 6 months or at age 12 months in respect of speech
and language development at age 5. Participants are followed up at age 12
months, 3 years and 5 years for assessments of speech, and also hearing and
TOPS is an international collaboration coordinated by the UK and is being undertaken in 22 centres across the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Brazil. Currently 19 centres are open for recruitment and 92 participants have been recruited to the trial. The overall recruitment target is 650 participants. The study is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
- Jacob & Kayleigh are in training for the Brighton Mini Mile 2015
- South London & Surrey Branch - Chairperson Vacancy
- Volunteer Tanya Clark puts on a waxing extravaganza!
- Out Loud for Awareness Week
- Send Us Your Photos
- Awareness Week 2015 - Sponsored Walks!
- Get Your Awareness Week Schools Pack
- Andrew Tees Up for Tots!
- Adventures in the Azores
- Apply Now: South East Regional Coordinator