Recruitment Starts for TOPS Trial
[03 Apr 2012]
The TOPS trial (Timing of Primary Surgery for Cleft Palate)
is a randomised control trial that aims to compare the results of cleft palate
surgery carried out at age 6 months or at age 12 months in respect of speech
and language development at age 5. Participants are followed up at age 12
months, 3 years and 5 years for assessments of speech, and also hearing and
TOPS is an international collaboration coordinated by the UK and is being undertaken in 22 centres across the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Brazil. Currently 19 centres are open for recruitment and 92 participants have been recruited to the trial. The overall recruitment target is 650 participants. The study is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
- CLAPA South Wales Blog
- Influence the Direction of Future Research
- Cleft Care Scotland’s New Patient Information Booklet
- Volunteer With Us!
- Volunteer Awards 2014: The Winners!
- Branch Christmas Parties
- Pierre Robin Sequence Study
- Recruiting: Parents of 5-7 Yr Olds with Cleft Palate
- New guidance launched to reduce ‘unacceptable’ cleft palate detection rate
- Conference Live Stream