Recruitment Starts for TOPS Trial
[03 Apr 2012]
The TOPS trial (Timing of Primary Surgery for Cleft Palate)
is a randomised control trial that aims to compare the results of cleft palate
surgery carried out at age 6 months or at age 12 months in respect of speech
and language development at age 5. Participants are followed up at age 12
months, 3 years and 5 years for assessments of speech, and also hearing and
TOPS is an international collaboration coordinated by the UK and is being undertaken in 22 centres across the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Brazil. Currently 19 centres are open for recruitment and 92 participants have been recruited to the trial. The overall recruitment target is 650 participants. The study is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
- Speech and Language Therapy Service User Group
- Survey on Speech and Language Therapy
- Cleft Surgery Services in NHS Scotland - What’s Happening?
- Get Your Awareness Week Materials
- Chris’s Tandem Skydive
- Peer Contact Training
- Awareness Week 2015 - Sponsored Walks!
- Boys in Dresses Raise a Fab Amount for CLAPA!
- Andrew Tees Up for Tots!
- Jacob & Kayleigh are in training for the Brighton Mini Mile 2015